David Yates is passionate about equipping Christian leaders to pursue their creative business ideas. As a co-creater of Compass Australia – a mentoring program for young Australians – David wants to see leaders who can strategically influence the nation.
What helps and what hinders entrepreneuring? This course explores the unique challenges entrepreneurs face in the 21st century. Gain practical help with exploring how you can take your idea and turn it into a profitable venture.
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Evaluate creative entrepreneurial ventures orenterprises that have exerted influence for systemic and social change. This includes consideration of intrapreneurship
- Describe the special challenges for the 21st Century and how to create services and businesses that offer sustainable solutions
- Evaluate different business models and their application to new business ventures, particularly non-profit organisations or Christian services. This includes consideration of issues of ethics, social impact and sustainablility
- Describe processes and strategies to build a team of partners, customers, complementors and suppliers
- Create a business plan for a small business or new venture that reflects personal purpose and values into a profitable business proposition. This should include a researched plan of an appropriate legal form, raising funds, set up administration, evaluating risks, appropriate insurances, etc
- Describe and reflect on the personal challenges related to running a small business or new enterprise.