ABOUT THE LECTURER
Dr Ian Jagelman spent fifteen years in public accounting with Price Waterhouse Coopers including stints in Papua New Guinea and Fiji where he set up their tax consulting division.
For 20 years he served as the Senior Pastor of Christian City Church, Lane Cove, an evangelical/Pentecostal church in the northern region of Sydney. A church plant in 1984, it grew to in excess of 1100 active members by December 2002 when the church was restructured to create three autonomous churches at Lane Cove, Ryde and Carlingford.
In the Christian world he is also recognised as having a teaching gift expressed through Truth for Life Ministries, a division of The Jagelman Institute.
Be a leader that embraces change. This course equips you with the critical and creative skills to effectively utilise your team and to create a team culture that reflects the values of your organisation.
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Describe the process whereby organisations form and evolve over time. Critically analyse the importance of organisational structures, which are possible, to empower and provide opportunities for leadership development.
- Identify and distinguish the levels of complexity existing within organisations and their implications in staff selection and development.
- Create an effective ‘real team’ of leaders.
- Illustrate an advanced ability to create and modify the beliefs (values), which give rise to an organisations culture.
- Explain the processes involved in leading through change and the obstacles normally encountered within an organisation.